¼ cup soy sauce (For a gluten free recipe you may substitute gluten free soy sauce)
3 TBSP light brown sugar
3 TBSP distilled white vinegar
½ Tsp. garlic powder
½ Tsp. seasoned salt
½ tsp. garlic pepper seasoning
4 fl. oz. lemon-lime flavored carbonated soft drink
2 lbs. beef sirloin steak, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
2 green bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
½ pound fresh mushrooms, stems removed
1-pint cherry tomatoes
1 fresh pineapple (peeled, cored, cubed)
- In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, light brown sugar, distilled white vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, garlic pepper seasoning, and lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage. Reserve about ½ cup of this marriable for basting.
- Place cut up steak in a large resealable plastic bag, cover with remaining marinade, and seal. Refrigerate for 8hrs.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add green peppers and cook for 1minute, just to blanch. Drain, and set aside.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread steak, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and pineapple onto skewers in an alternating fashion. Discard marinade and the bag.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook kabobs on the prepared grill for 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. Baste frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
326 calories; 17.4 g. fat; 19.2 g. carbohydrates; 24 g. protein; 76 mg. cholesterol; 608 mg sodium